Tuesday, March 24, 2009

21st Century Educator

This SlideShare Presentation by Kim Cofino is a powerful depiction of my professional growth the last three months. I find it uncanny the path I thought I was exploring nearly alone since I began to use just a few social learning tools at the beginning of the year is mirrored over and over again in the stories of others. Turns out, of course, that my journey isn't original or self-generated at all. It's exciting and exhilarating to know so many people in education are discovering the benefit of learning with each other for the benefit of the our students.
How has this happened? What is the driving force? Four months ago I was where most of my fellow staff members are, not seeing any need nor having any want to step out into the unknown world of social networking and web 2.0 applications. Each person must find that spark that's going to offer just enough light to see the possibilities, just enough heat to ignite a flame of desire to explore and expand this new horizon. It's likely not going to be the same for everyone, but I will make it my job to nudge and encourage wherever and whomever I can. Our kids deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment